I knew I had to at least snorkel for a few minutes and look for it. I didn't want to spend hours in hopeless search, but I had to at least give God a chance to answer my prayer.
As I started looking, I couldn't help but think "I wish Jacob could see me right now." My brother, Jacob, is a big Lord of the Rings fan and I felt exactly like I was Smeagol's friend in Lord of the Rings. Aside from looking for a lost ring, the reason I love snorkeling so much is I feel like I'm on a treasure hunt - you never know what kind of large or unique shell you might find.
After about 10 minutes, directly beneath my eyes there lie the object of my search! My ring! It felt like it just popped up in front of my eyes. The face of the ring was staring back at me only inches away from my mask. Instantly I knew it was my ring and I snatched it out of the water and put it forcefully on my finger, as if I was scolding it for running away. Then I just sat in the water for a few moments and thanked God. I was on the verge of crying I was so relieved and overjoyed.
As I stood up, I scanned for Maren in the distance and held out the ring, reunited with its finger. The couple that took the picture of us had been helping us look on the beach were very surprised but happy. Afterwards, they were so sweet and treated us to ice cream.
Here's a picture of Maren and I later that day at dinner:
7 comments:
I didn't know you almost cried. I still can't believe you lost your ring in the ocean...and then found it!!
I love that story. Maren - you look really pretty in that picture.
Yay! Happy ending.
Hey you guys. Did you know that Lover's Key is where I used to teach in Florida. I used to take 20 4th graders there every Tuesday to play around in the ocean. Ask Mary sometime about her visit to me down there. Mary, in the ocean, with 20 4th graders, is funny.
Hi Kelly!
How'd you find this blog? :)
I'll have to ask Mary next time I see her about the story!
hey maren. I actually have been reading your blog for years (its saved under my favorites) but I have never been computer literate enought to post. I have a much neglected blog. I am going to try to get better at it. Your guys' is an inpiration.
no way! it's crazy to find out that people read your blog..or have been for a while when you don't even know it. now I've got yours under my favorites! :)
Post a Comment