I love this psalm so much. It speaks so much of what
it means to have a relationship with God and to be
confident that when we go to God, he will forgive the
bad in our hearts when we ask for it and turn to him.
I found it this week to be especially calming to me
when I meditated on what God did for me through Christ's
death, and that my inheritance as a daughter of God is
victory and joy, not punishment and death.
portions of the psalm-
"oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven,
whose sin is put out of sight!
yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord has cleared of guilt,
whose lives are lived in complete honesty!
When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away,
and I groaned all day long...
...Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to
hide my guilt. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to
the Lord." And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
...For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory."
No comments:
Post a Comment