I now have an even simpler lip balm recipe! It is just 3 base ingredients and I have found an extremely simple way to heat and make them. My kids even help me make it, which is really fun and it's a good opportunity to talk science with them! And, the lip balm is just excellent quality! Everyone wins here.
Ingredients:
Equal parts coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter.
Assorted essential oils (you can find these on Amazon or any health foods store)
Supplies:
20 lip balm containers (on Amazon or The Sage)
A digital kitchen scale, like this
A dip-sized crock pot (I found mine at the thrift store!)
Plastic pipette/droppers
Directions:
Weigh out equal parts of the 3 oils (1 ounce of each is a good amount)
and place them together into the crock pot. Plug in the crock pot and let
everything heat up until all of the oils have become liquid (30 minutes to
1 hour). In the meantime, choose which essential oils you would like to use to
flavor your lip balm. I like peppermint and camphor for that fresh minty
sensation. When everything is heated to liquid, unplug the crock pot,
drop in about 20 drops of each oil into the melted oils and stir to combine
everything.
Place the lip balm tubes open end up on the countertop near to the crock pot.
Working quickly, pipette the mixed oils into each lip balm container, filling to
full. Allow to cool about 15 minutes. Place the caps on and you're done!
I have gotten my supplies from The Sage and Amazon and both are great sources!
Enjoy your own homemade and extra healthy lip balm! This makes an excellent
Christmas gift!
1 comment:
This sounds like so much fun! Great recipes too!
Kristina
http://thecrunchysoup.wordpress.com
Post a Comment