Saturday, March 02, 2013

Deviled Eggs Reinvented

This was lots of fun to make and is also so good for you!

Avocado and Cilantro Deviled Eggs Recipe from Rookie Cookie

6 hard-boiled eggs*, peeled
1 ripe avocado
1/2 tsp lime juice
1 Tbsp finely minced red onion
1 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
A few dashes of Tabasco sauce (or not)A few grinds of pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
Bacon, for garnish
Cilantro leaves, for garnish

Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the yolks and put into a medium bowl. Put egg halves on to a platter and put into the fridge.

With a fork, crumble up the egg yolks. Cut avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado flesh and add it to the egg yolks. With a spoon, mix well, until the yolks and avocado are creamy. Add lime juice and mix well. Add red onion, cilantro, Tabasco, pepper and salt. Mix well to combine.

Remove egg halves from the fridge. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop avocado yolk mixture into the egg halves. Garnish with a single cilantro leaf. Serve immediately, or before the avocado browns.

I added some Bacon to the top of mine!

And, I picked up this awesome egg carrier/server to tote them around!

*I steamed the eggs in a vegetable steamer on the stovetop for 10 minutes, then turned off the heat and let them sit for 20 minutes, then I popped them in the freezer for 30 minutes. They were perfect!

No comments: