Thursday, March 01, 2012

Five Alarm Chicken Drumsticks

Aside from the fact that I set off 4 smoke alarms AND my security alarm as a result of baking these, I will STILL say they are amazing! I took a few recipes and made some changes and additions and found that everyone large and small in our home LOVES these and they disappear the instant I put them on the table! My word of caution: don’t leave the house to go play in the snow with your kids while you are baking these..the fire alarm is hard to hear outside. Enjoy! :)

(Note: They are not spicy hot at all.)

“Five Alarm” Chicken Drumsticks
20-24 Chicken Drumsticks
1/2 c flour (I used Gluten Free)
2 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp tandoori powder (curry powder will work too)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 c butter

Heat oven to 450° In a food storage bag, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, tandoori/curry powder, garlic & onion powders. Line 2 13x9-inch pans with heavy duty foil.. Place 1/4 cup butter in each pan. Place pans in oven to melt butter. Coat chicken with seasoned flour mixture, shaking about 3 legs at a time in the bag. Place chicken in prepared pans in the melted butter. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Turn over and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until tender and nicely browned.
Serves 8.


No comments: